I am a BIG fan of resolutions!! Seriously! Every year I sit down and write of list of what I want to accomplish in the upcoming year. Things I want to do, see, eat, create and so on. I have the list from last year at a post-it on my Mac Dashboard, that way I was always reminded what I wanted to accomplish and what I should be working towards.
I also tend to do resolutions at the beginning of each month (I know, kind of crazy) but writing things down and making goals for myself is really important to me and really helps me to keep focus on what’s most important and what I want out of life.
So, without further ado, Here are my 2013 Resolutions!!!
1. I want to write in a journal everyday this year. I almost did not add this into my resolutions for fear of not being able to accomplish it. BUT, I found this awesome journal that is called Q&A a day. Each day of the year it has a different question to answer, and there are slots for up to FIVE years. I think this is such a cool idea. This way I can look back over the years and see how my answers have changed. The Question today was “What is your mission?” I think this journal is AWESOME!! If you want to check it out, here’s the AMAZON LINK. 🙂
2. I want to use my brand new camera as much as possible this year!! As I said before, as a graduation gift, my parents gave me a Canon EOS Rebel T3i. It is absolute amazing and I am having so much fun with it. I have also been having a ton of fun posting on this blog and making videos on my YouTube channel. Because these things are so fun and a really cool creative outlet for me, I’ve made a goal to post on my blog AT LEAST 3 times per week and make a video AT LEAST once per week. Honestly, I think I’ll do more than this, but I wanted to make sure they were reasonable in case I’m super busy one week. I can’t wait to use my camera more and learn more about taking pictures, making videos and blogging!
3. I want to start practicing yoga and Bikram yoga again. I used to be an avid yoga-practicer but because of school and time constrictions, I sort-of stopped all together. Yoga is not only a great workout physically, but also mentally. Also, If you aren’t sure what Bikram yoga is, check out THIS LINK. It’s a 90 minute practice with 26 different poses. I can’t explain it very well, so if you are curious, check out the link. It is seriously one of the best workouts I have ever done. I cannot wait to start practicing it again.
4. This next resolution goes along the lines of being more healthy, and it is to make homemade dinners at least three nights per week. I am in a bad habit of going out to dinner a lot, as well as eating pre-made dinners. I love to cook and when I make food it ends up being so much healthier than what I would eat if I were to go out to dinner or eat a frozen dinner. I received a KitchenAid mixer for Christmas as well as some other fun kitchen goodies and I can’t wait to use them in the new year to make yummy and healthy dinners.
5. In the new year I want to do more DIY projects. I LOVE doing DIYs but I always seem to make the excuse that I don’t have enough time. Well, now that I’m no longer in school I DO HVAE TIME!!! I have SO many fun DIY projects on my Pinterest Board and I really want to make some of them this year!
6. Lastly, I want to work really hard at my new job. Since graduating a few weeks ago, I got a job at a marketing agency as an Advertising Account Coordinator. I’m really excited and have been enjoying myself so far. It does however make me very anxious to be the new girl, who doesn’t know everything and has to ask questions. And for that reason, I want to work extremely hard and catch on to everything as quickly as possible, that way I won’t feel anxious about being the newbie and I can go to work feeling like I actually understand everything. 🙂
So, those were my 2013 resolutions!! I can’t believe it’s already a new year! I’m so excited for 2013 and I hope that you are as well!! What are your resolutions?! I’d love to know!!!