Friday, January 10, 2014

Chicago Day 2: Public Transportation

Hello my friends. I have made it to Friday in the city, are you proud of me?

Today has been a big day, a day full of firsts. I had my first interview and I traveled on public transportation for the first time on my own today #winning. 

First, let's talk about the interview:
It was great, I felt comfortable and my interviewer was super nice. It's for an incredibly cute clothing boutique in the city. I would help with their PR and marketing efforts. Blogging, tweeting, Instraming. Sounds great, right?! Well, here's the catch. It's an internship that is only a few hours a week and is unpaid. ugh. 
They offered me the position if I want it (which is nice). I could totally do that and a full time job at the same time, it would be a good edition to the resume. But I think I may hold off until I figure out an actual, real, paying job (haha). What do you think??

The bus:
After the interview (which I took a cab to) I decided to be brave and take buses home. The interview was in Bucktown and I live in Lincoln Park, so it was a little ways away. 
I looked like an idiot (or just clueless) on the sidewalk. My face was buried in Google Maps on my phone to help me get home. I stared blankly at the bus stop sign to make sure (at least 25 times) that I was getting on the right stop. 
So, I did great (if I do say so myself). I got on the right buses (there were two involved) and I got off on the right stops. So what went wrong? Oh only the CRAZY man sitting next to me. 
He smelled like pee and he was screaming at all the cars that were passing us. I think he seriously thought the cars could hear him through the window. And I was sitting RIGHT next to him. I didn't know he was crazy when I chose my seat. But a minute into the ride, I knew I had chosen my seat poorly. It was a ten minute ride but I didn't want to be rude and get up a move. So I just sat there. Eyes wide, mouth open. And waited (the long ten minutes) for my stop.

The important part of the story is that I didn't get lost and I am now home, writing and drinking a chai latte from my new Keurig (the one I thought was stolen by a man named Mr. Hall... more on that story later). 

Keep up-to-date on all Sweet-Endeavors by following me on: Bloglovin', Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram